- Cover- all furniture with old sheets or blankets and disassemble if possible.
- Wrap- everything you can with packing paper for scratch protection, such as table legs and other valuable scratch able items.
- Keep Off Floor-use pallets and blankets where possible to keep valuable items off the floor, for extra protection and unwanted markings.
- Place assembled tables top down on floor with legs pointing towards the ceiling in order to utilize all necessary space.
- Stack chairs seat-to-seat with cloth or paper separating them.
- Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls.
- Wipe a few drops of oil on bicycles and tools to protect from rust.
Books and Files
- Wrap plates, saucers, and bowls individually in newspaper before placing them in boxes.
- Use Bubble Wrap and fill into bottom, top and empty spaces in the carton.
- Use our storage file boxes. They are the best containers for your important documents.
- Pack books flat and fill any empty space to minimize movement.
- Avoid overfilling cartons. Books are heavy.
- Keep pallets free of moisture by placing plastic sheeting on top of them.
Large Appliances and Equipment
- Leave appliance doors slightly ajar with a box of Baking Soda in them. Moisture and mildew will damage your valuables so make sure your refrigerator or freezer is clean and dry.
- Use valuable storage space inside appliances for small items e.g. cups, C.D.'s, candles etc.
- Avoid excessive wrinkling to your clothes by using our wardrobe boxes, which protect clothes and other draperies.