12 Secrets To A Stress Free Move:
- Get Help! Schedule for a moving company or make arrangements for transportation and people to help you move.
Start collecting extra moving supplies such as moving boxes, blankets, newspapers, bubble rap, Styrofoam peanuts, box tape, tape guns, box cutters, heavy-duty gloves and dollies.
Give Notice- notify everyone that you are moving along with your new address and phone number. Make sure your family, friends, Postal Service, credit card companies, banks, lenders, fill out an IRS change of address form, transfer school and medical records if required.
- Turn On and Turn Off- Make sure you turn off utilities the day after you are scheduled to move and the before you are scheduled to arrive. This would include but not limited to electricity, gas, water, phone service, delivery services, internet and cable just to name a few.
- Prepare all major appliances for move i.e. clean, defrost and serviced. Also place baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb all moisture.
- Ensure all valuables are covered by insurance
- Have all important documents easily available, school records, insurance etc...
- Find out about auto licensing at your new destination
- Remember what ever is loaded first onto a movers truck will be last off, so plan accordingly.
- Consider a garage sale to get rid of any unwanted items
- Ensure you have adequate storage for any items you may wish to store. Contact one of our site managers today!
- Relax & Have Backups- If you plan in advance everything will go smooth and have backup plans.